Salvia microphylla Heatwave™ Collection new introductions from Australia!
- Flowers for four to five months in hot, dry gardening climates with virtually no upkeep.
- Tight foliage provide mass display of bright intensely colored flowers in prominent locations.
- Eliminates variable range of habits & lack of hardiness associated with many Salvia greggii forms on the market.
- Fast results in new gardens, mixed borders, poolside landscaping, cottage/wildflower gardens, & large containers.
- Lightly clipped, can form a low informal hedge, evergreen in some climates.
- Birds are attracted, deer are not, as they have an aromatic foliage!
- Flower size: 80cm x 80cm
- Mass displays of intense colored flowers on a compact shrub.
- Won’t appear washed out under bright summer skies.
- Very minimal watering, fertilizing or pruning required.
- Species: Salvia microphylla hybrids, (microphylla x greggii).
- Zone 6 through 10.
Heatwave™ Blast: Prolific display of deep salmon pink large flowers. Drought and extreme heat tolerant. Compact, long lasting flowering shrubs. Deer resistant
Heatwave™ Blaze: large dark crimson red blossoms, displayed in mass, shown above rich green aromatic foliage. Non fading in the hot sun, as are all the Heatwave ‘ s
Heatwave™ Glitter: Pastel mauve large blossoms, displayed on lovely green aromatic foliage. Provides fast results for new gardens.
Heatwave™ Glimmer: large creamy-white flowers displayed on black calyx, with attractive green fragrant foliage. Blooms prolifically for many months.
Heatwave™ Sparkle: Showy deep mauve-pink with white throat. Ideal for attracting birds to the garden.